West Texas Wrongful Death
Nothing compares with the pain and anguish of losing a loved one. I empathize with the grief and anguish you and your family are experiencing in the aftermath of a relative’s death. It is my mission to provide respectful and dignified legal representation for your family during this difficult time. I will file a claim against anyone, individual or company, who is responsible for causing the fatal accident. Find out if your family is eligible for compensation today during a free wrongful death claim consultation.
What Makes Our Wrongful Death Lawyer Unique?
- I am reliable. I am always available to meet with clients.
- I have 29 years of experience representing clients in civil claims.
- I am 100% committed to the welfare of our clients and their families.
- I have trial experience and can take your case to court if need be.
- I have successfully represented thousands of individuals, families and companies in Texas.
How a Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help
Filing a civil claim after the death of a loved one can involve a significant amount of red tape and legal fighting. The average family does not have enough legal experience to build a strong claim, file paperwork, subpoena witnesses, preserve evidence or take any of the other important steps a lawsuit requires. Hiring a law firm can give a family these resources, along with an attorney who can lead the lawsuit with confidence. I can aggressively fight for justice for your loved one, as well as fair financial compensation from the at-fault party.
Texas Wrongful Death Laws
When you hire me, you and your family do not need to worry about obeying the state’s related statutes. I will navigate all applicable laws for you with the utmost effectiveness and efficiency. A brief overview of the most critical laws, however, could help you understand your rights after someone’s wrongful death.
- Limits on who may file. In Texas, the parties with the right to file for wrongful death are a surviving spouse, surviving children or surviving parents of the deceased. If these parties do not file, a personal representative of the estate may file instead.
- Types of damages available. All the underlying losses related to losing a loved one could become compensable damages in a wrongful death claim: funeral and burial costs, lost wages, lost future earnings, lost inheritance, medical expenses, mental anguish and loss of the loved one’s company and financial support.
- Statute of limitations. The filing party must bring his or her wrongful death lawsuit within two years of the date of death in Texas. Missing this deadline could mean your claim is gone forever.
I have almost 30 years of experience handling personal injury claims throughout Texas, including West Texas, the entire Rio Grande border, Austin, Central Texas and San Antonio. We can help you understand the laws that may apply to your wrongful death claim, as well as how to fight against an insurance provider or another party in pursuit of fair damages.
Ask Your Questions for Free Today
My goal is to make you feel heard during what is an extremely difficult time for most families. I offer free, no-obligation consultations at my office in Odessa or at any location convenient to you so you can ask your questions and get reliable answers at no financial risk. I simply want to help. You are not alone after the devastating loss of a loved one. I can be there for you and the rest of your family, offering legal counsel and support every step of the way. Contact me today to start a claim.