West Texas Defective Dangerous Products
A consumer product or good should never cause catastrophic or life-threatening injuries when used correctly. Yet every year, thousands of people go to hospitals and emergency rooms with injuries such as burns, lacerations and broken bones because of defective and dangerous products. At The Biggs Firm, we go up against product manufacturers and corporations in pursuit of compensation on behalf of injured consumers. If you believe you have a product liability case in West Texas, contact our firm for a free consultation near you.
Why Choose Our Product Liability Lawyer?
- We believe in personalized legal services. You will speak to our lead attorney, who is always available to meet with clients, upon your very first visit.
- We have experience and results. Our firm has helped thousands of consumers and their families recover compensation for personal injuries over the last 29 years.
- We offer top legal resources. Our lawyer have the resources to demand fair results from large and powerful companies in courts in West Texas.
How a Defective Product Attorney Can Help
At The Biggs Firm, our lead lawyer can take care of your case from start to finish. From investigating the allegedly defective product to filing your claim before Texas’ statute of limitations (two years), we can handle all aspects of your claim while you focus on healing. We will keep you updated as to the status of your claim each step of the way, answering questions and anticipating your concerns. If you trust us with your product liability lawsuit, you can benefit from the personal care and attention of top, reputable attorney in West Texas.
3 Types of Product Defects
Winning a product liability lawsuit in Texas requires a certain amount of proof on the plaintiff’s part. The burden of proof will rest with you and your lawyer during the claim. Strict product liability laws, however, reduce the burden of proof compared to standard personal injury claims in most cases. If the item contained one of three types of defects, and the lawyer can prove the existence of the defect, it generally will not be necessary to prove the manufacturer’s negligence to obtain financial compensation.
- Design flaw. The item has a dangerous design that will make the product unsafe for consumers even without any errors during assembly.
- Manufacturing error. The item had a reasonably safe design, but a mistake during its manufacture or production created a defective and dangerous product.
- Marketing lapse. The item would be safe with proper marketing, but the company has failed to create adequate warnings, labels or instructions for consumers.
It will not matter whether the manufacturer or distributor reasonably could have prevented the defect in question or if the company was negligent. If an attorney can establish proof of a defect, and that this defect caused your injuries, you could be eligible for financial compensation from the defendant.
Common Defective Products in Texas
In our years practicing product liability law throughout Texas, we have helped clients after suffering injuries from a variety of defective products. Any consumer good could present a threat to safety or health if a manufacturer released it with a defect or flaw. Certain products, however, end up involved in lawsuits more often than others in West Texas.
- Children’s toys
- Defective Tires
- Household appliances
- Machinery and equipment
- Medical devices
- Defective Oilfield Machinery and equipment
- Other Machinery and Equipment
If a dangerous or defective product left you or a loved one with serious injuries, you could have grounds for a product liability lawsuit in Texas. We help clients with injuries such as broken bones, concussions, eye injuries, brain injuries, spine injuries, lacerations, disfigurement, burns, loss of limbs and others. We also represent families in wrongful death claims in West Texas.
Speak to a Product Liability Attorney in West Today
The Biggs Firm cares about what happens to the people of West Texs. We advocate for the rights of the injured against major corporations and powerful product manufacturers from around the world. Our lawyer may be able to obtain a compensation award for you and your family to make up for your economic and noneconomic losses. Ask about the validity of your case today, during a free consultation. Contact us to request yours.