Burn Injuries Can Have Lifelong Consequences
Severe burn injuries are almost always preventable. Burns often arise from electrical problems, fires, chemical spills and explosions. Burns at work or home may stem from someone else’s negligence, a defective product or an issue such as a gas leak. If you were hurt by a burn, The Biggs Firm can help.
I am personal injury attorney Brent A. Biggs, and I can help you get to the bottom of who or what caused your serious burn injury. After close inspection, I may be able to file an injury claim against that party on your behalf in western Texas. You can learn more about how I can help you by scheduling your free consultation. You can call my firm Odessa office now at 432-268-0153 to set up your free first injury.
What A Burn Injury Lawyer Could Do For You
Hiring a burn injury attorney does not have to be a last resort after an insurance company has already strung you along for months. It should be the first thing you think of when you realize someone else could be responsible for your burn injuries. A lawyer can provide unparalleled counsel and support for your family during injury treatments, insurance investigations, evidence gathering, claim negotiations and a personal injury lawsuit. By having a lawyer from my firm on your side, we can force an insurance company to take your burn injury claim more seriously from the beginning. I also may be able to help you obtain a better compensation award.
Clients often say that they choose The Biggs Firm because:
- We are a full-service firm, providing services such as burn injury accident investigation and insurance settlement negotiation.
- Brent has more than 30 years of experience in the personal injury practice area, helping thousands of clients and their families throughout Texas.
- Brent is the lead attorney who used to work as an insurance defense lawyer, giving him an inside view on how insurance companies work.
- You will work directly with our lead lawyer, who will personally handle your case from start to finish. My firm is not like a mill-style firm where you will have trouble speaking to the lead attorney.
Common Causes Of Burn Injuries In West Texas
A victim could suffer a painful burn injury from contact with thermal, electrical, chemical or radiation elements. Thermal burns are the most common, stemming from contact with flames or steam. All types of burn injuries can cause permanent scarring and disfigurement, as well as significant pain and suffering.
- Automobile accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Oil and gas explosions
- Water heater explosions
- Toxic chemical spills
- Kitchen accidents
- Structural fires
- Electrical problems
The type of accident that caused your recent burn injury could hold the answer to who may be liable for your damages. If you suffered an injury at work, for example, your employer could be responsible. If a defective product exploded, the manufacturer could owe you compensation. I will analyze your case to help you determine fault and identify the defendant.
Elements Of A Personal Injury Claim
To bring a burn injury claim against someone in Texas, your case must have four main elements:
- Your lawyer must establish the defendant named in your case owed you a duty to exercise reasonable care.
- The defendant must have failed to fulfill this duty.
- A causal link must exist between the defendant’s breach of duty of care and your burn injuries.
- You must have suffered real damages in the incident.
At The Biggs Firm, my staff and I will help you prove all four necessary elements for a viable case against one or more at-fault parties in West Texas.
Learn More By Contacting A Burn Injury Attorney
A burn injury could force you to pay thousands of dollars for surgeries, skin grafts, hospital stays, medications, reconstructive surgeries and physical rehabilitation. You may have permanent scarring or disfigurement or may have had to lose a limb because of your burns. You may also have lost wages and chronic pain or suffering. If someone else reasonably should have prevented your burn injuries in western Texas, you could have grounds for a civil lawsuit to seek reimbursement for all these damages.
You can contact The Biggs Firm today to find out if you have a claim by calling 432-268-0153 or by sending us a message. We offer free and confidential case evaluations near you.